Monday, December 31, 2012

In Review

The last day of 2012 is upon us, and as each year in my past has come to a close I find myself wondering the same thing...."where did it go?"

Last year I shared 12 things I wanted to work towards in 2012. In September I revisited them, and here is the final look back.

  1. Spend more meaningful time with the people I love. I visited friends, called long distant friends more often, and spent much more meaningful time with Aubrey.
  2. Love more and better. Even though this one is vague, and something I will always be working toward, I can say I took steps in the right direction.
  3. Admit, confess, and explore my doubts in depth. This is a slow go, and something I am still working through, I am however in a place where my doubts don't scare me.
  4. Trust. Trust has been and will continue to be regained.
  5. Take time to reflect. Hmm, my journaling was sporadic this year, and I found myself filling my free time unwisely a lot. This is definitely something I am still working into my life as a routine.
  6. Explore and "define" what I believe. Explore, check. Define, I don't know that I will ever have it defined, in retrospect, maybe its not wise to define it as it leaves no room for growth.
  7. Explore how to live a life of love, peace, wisdom, and justice. This one came from a book, One.Life these are things that I will constantly be maintaining and adding to my life.
  8. Visit Nashville. Aubrey and I loved our visit to Nashville! Saw sweet friends and ate great food.
  9. Use my free time more wisely. Hmm, as stated above, this is something I am still figuring out. I need to figure out how to work 8 hours a day, and come home and not just sit on the couch until I go to bed. Any tips..?
  10. Cook and craft more. YES! I have great friends who love to craft, so craft nights were scheduled and crafts executed! I crafted a lot of Christmas gifts this year which was great, and I learned how to knit! I am also doing more cooking as Aubrey and I are now on a more structured budget.
  11. Read more, I'm shooting for at least 6 books this year. Definitely read at least 6 this year, and have definitely reignited my love of reading! I finished one last week, and started the first in a currently list of 10 I am hoping to get through!
  12. Live healthier. I think I did this! I started running this summer! When winter came I decided that I wasn't one of those hardcore runners who runs in the snow and ice, so I moved to the gym. However, the treadmill and my knees do not get along, so I moved to the elliptical. Also started doing some videos to tone muscles I didn't know I had... ouch! Currently in a healing process after busting my BUTT the first day it snowed this year. Tailbone...bruised. I also cut back SIGNIFICANTLY on how much coke (Dr. Pepper) I was drinking. Water is juuust fine!

These are definitely things I will carry over with my into the new year, but I feel like I made steps in the right direction of new habits and awareness.

How do you feel as you look back reflectively on your 2012?

1 comment:

  1. Yay for learning new things and getting better at life! I definitely agree with you about learning to not let our doubts scare us. I have embraced a lot of doubt this year and learned that it really challenges me to grow even more. I think if we don't doubt any of our beliefs then it is kind of a scary place to be. Thanks for sharing your life!! I want to do more crafts and also find a way to not sit on the couch all night after working. I will also gladly accept suggestions on how to be saved from this!

    ReplyDelete