Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fresh Fall

Well once again fall is upon us! I love fall. I love the crunch of colorful leaves, the sudden crispness of the air, the smell of fireplaces warming homes, and the yellow blur of school buses filled with the buzz of excitement.

Although the world around us seems to be shutting down for the eminent cold of winter, for me there is something fresh and new that comes with fall, the same feeling I get at the start of a new year.

So let's start fresh once again this fall! Already nine months into this year I am taking some time to revisit my 12 in 12 list from January. How am I doing, you ask? Let's do a quick check-up!

  1. Spend more meaningful time with the people I love. -- Something I will constantly work for
  2. Love more and better. -- Another constant goal in my life, but right now concentrating on falling back in love with God
  3. Admit, confess, and explore my doubts in-depth. -- More coming soon
  4. Trust. -- Trust is being rebuilt, and it's a wonderful thing
  5. Take time to reflect. -- Improving, but inconsistent
  6. Explore and "define" what I believe. -- On this journey
  7. Explore how to live a life of love, peace, wisdom, and justice. -- Constant exploration
  8. Visit Nashville. -- YES! Aubrey and I visited the lovely Nashville this past March!
  9. Use my free time more wisely. -- Uh oh, naps count as wisely right...? Oh alright, progress needed
  10. Cook and craft more. -- Cook yes, craft, not so much. Working on fixing that soon and very soon!
  11. Read more, I'm shooting for at least 6 books this year. -- I have read 6 books already and I am truckin' on!
  12. Live healthier. -- Another tangible one! Yes, against all odds, I, Mollie Hogan, am now running, and ran my first race this summer! Miracles do happen people!

 How are you doing on those goals set so many months ago? Start fresh with me this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment