Friday, October 7, 2011

Pancakes!

Let me preface this post by confessing that in the two years since we've been married I have probably made breakfast twice, and they were both on Aubrey's birthday. So when I woke up last Monday, my day off for the week, and had the sudden urge to make breakfast, I'm sure Aubrey thought something was wrong with me. But he willingly played along!

I recently got a new griddle and had been wanting to break it in so, I decided to make pancakes. I wanted a homemade pancake recipe, but didn't have one so to allreciepes.com I went! The recipe was good and I will definitely use it again!

So, there I was, being a regular ol' housewife making my man breakfast, when I remembered something I saw on pinterest a while back, and that's when breakfast took a turn down fun street!

First, take some of your pancake batter (or all of it!) and put it in some type of squirt bottle, we had one laying around from Summer Snow, but I have also seen an old ketchup bottle used.


Next, use that squirt bottle to make whatever, you heard it, whatever shapes/designs you can imagine!


Let the fun begin! Needless to say, I had way to much of it!


Side note: this technique is also great even if all your after is perfectly round pancakes.

Aubrey did enjoy the fun shapes, but not as much a some way future kiddos probably would!

No comments:

Post a Comment