Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fall fun, for cheap!

Every time a new season rolls around I get the itch to spruce up the house a bit in honor of the new season, and by spruce up, I mean decorate with something that represents that new season!

This fall has been no different. The stores are bursting with happy fall decorations that I just can't bring myself to spend money on. Actually, I could probably talk myself into it, but the boy would quickly talk me back out, and rightfully so!

So, I began to rack my brain and the internet for cute ways to satisfy my urge within budget! And between some inspiration online and my creative juices I came up with an idea!

I headed out to find some glass vases. I found one at the dollar store (gotta love it right?) and one at Savers. Glass vases: check.

Next I wanted something to fill the vases with. I decided on popcorn and coffee beans for some nice fall colors. Easy, and cheap enough, the coffee beans were a bit of a splurge, but now I have them and they can be reused. Filler: check

Finally I wanted something to set on top of the fillers, my first thought was candles, but I knew they wouldn't be cheap, and was therefore holding out on buying them when I stumbled upon an even better find at the grocery store! Mini pumpkins! It doesn't get more fall than pumpkins! Cute "toppers": check!

This was the end result, and I must say my fall spirit is happy!



Cost?
2 vases: $3
Popcorn: $2
Coffee beans: $4
Pumpkins $2
Happy fall decorations: Priceless!! Right? Well, not exactly but you get the point!

The vases, popcorn, and coffee beans will be gifts that just keep giving! The vases are like blank canvasses to my cheap decorators heart that can be filled with all sorts of fun things! I am sure you will be seeing more of these guys!

What do you decorate with to appease that seasonal need to revamp?

1 comment:

  1. that turned out lookin' so good, mol! :) love it! gotta get you to the new house to help me deco for fall.

    ReplyDelete