Monday, January 7, 2013

Tis So Sweet

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!” 

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.


This past year one of my goals was to rebuild my trust in Jesus. Long story short, because of  insecurities and doubts I had lost my trust. I wanted it back, but I knew it would be a slow process. I feel like this past year was healing for me and starting off the new year at church with this song was just right.

It is so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take him at his word, just to rest upon his promise. O for grace to trust him more...

In my past I had taken that for granted, and yesterday was a gentle reminder of just how amazing that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment